Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sitting under the Learning Tree...

My current location is in Missouri. I have been here since Monday afternoon of the 27th. Let me tell you about the friend I am currently visiting, his name is Smitty and like most southerner's he loves his Confederate(Southern Cross) flag but that's not what makes him so special and amazing. Smitty, the man of fathomless knowledge has been teaching me about true history. I have learned a few things that would piss most Americans off. If you get pissed, good! But instead of me telling you what I have learned, I will let you do the research or you can learn for yourself. I want to tell you that these videos are quite lengthy, make sure that you have plenty of time to watch them. The first video has 9 segments each about 9 min long called Judea Declares War on Germany, by kapitalisten on youtube, the second series of videos is David Cole who did his own research, 7 videos, by RevisionistsRus on youtube. Be fore warned, you will be shocked, I was! Smitty, has given me a reading list, as I finish one book, he has another set for me to read. ATM, I am reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War, the revision and editing done by Dallas Galvin and translated from Chinese by Lionel Giles. An amazing book that I believe everyone should read. Whether you believe in war or not, WAR HAPPENS!!! The next book that I am to read is called Common Sense by Thomas Paine. I keep wishing that I can stay here longer so that I may read more of his wonderful book collection. Smitty's library is extremely extensive. Here are some of the books that I would like to read and think you should too:

The Age of Jackson by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
Jacksonian America: Society, Personality and Politics by Edward Pessen
Look Away! A history of the Confederate States of America by William C. Davis
South was Right and Myth of American Walter D. Kennedy and James R. Kennedy
War for What by Francis W. Springer
The Series:
Gods and Generals by Jeff Shaara
The Killer Angels by Micheal Shaara(Jeff's father)
The Last Full Measure by Jeff Shaara

Another awesome and insightful link-

youshouldknow.ucoz.com

www.youtube.com/kapitalisten
www.youtube.com/user/RevisionistsRus

If these links don't work, copy and paste...

One of the books that I have been reading and am almost finished with is Sun Tzu's The Art of War, Edited by Dallas Galvin, translated from Chinese by Lionel Giles. I wanted to show you an excerpt in the book that I wanted to share with you. In Chapter 4, pg 99, Tactical Dispositions,

16. The consummate leader cultivates the moral law, and strictly adheres to method and discipline; thus it is in his power to control success.

-->What this means-->
Notes, commentary, and appendix

There is a very strong temptation...for government forces to act outside the law, the excuses being that the processes of law are too cumbersome, that the normal safeguards in the law for the individual are not designed for an insurgency and that a terrorist deserves to be treated as an outlaw anyway. Not only is this morally wrong, but, over a period, it will create more practical difficulties for a government than it solves. A government which does not act in accordance with the law forfeits the right to be called a government and cannot expect its people to obey the law. Functioning in accordance with the law is a very small price to pay in return for the advantage of being the government.

Sir Robert Grainger Ker Thompson Defeating Communist Insurgency.
Experiences from Malaya and Vietnam (1966)

--------------------->I say AMEN!!!<---------------------------

To introduce you to the book...if that didn't already.....

Strategy, Espionage, Deception, Military Tactics these are the themes elucidated in the ancient Chinese text The Art of War, the indispensable handbook to a subject that has occupied kings and generals for a millennia...Sun Tzu...Thought to have lived in the 5th century B.C. at roughly the same time as Confucius...His family was part of a clan of experts on arms and fighting...[He] belonged to an extended family whose members for generations had made their living as military advisers...[His] work is a unique admixture of simplicity, an utter absence of self importance, sufficed by the authority born of experience, and a breath-taking determination and passion for "ordering"--for setting the record straight, for getting out the truth whatever that might be, whatever the consequences. In the pages...you will not find the wicked delight Niccolo Machiavelli, the Renaissance Italian author of "The Prince", took in describing the deceptions and stratagem of the profane world. The Art of War is quintessentially Chinese: wise beyond it's pages, cryptic, simple...and at it's root, pacific.

No comments: