Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lonliness

You ever get lonely even though there are plenty of ppl around you?

That's how I have been feeling lately. I think it might be that even though our dreams are getting closer and closer, its just not fast enough for me.

I want to leave and I miss our van!! Our van has been broke down for almost a week and there is nothing till tomorrow that we can do to help her. We have been stuck at his parents house sleeping on the sofa. I don't want to be here. Its not because of his parents its because I want to be in our van I want to feel independent not confined. I want to spread my van wings!Maybe that is why I feel so lonely. But I think that even when we do get our van, I will feel sated for the moment but then I think that it will all start again.

Is that the itch you feel when you long for the road?

Our van is at a local convenience store because we couldn't even afford to have it towed. Sometimes I wish I could just go there and stay in the van where it sits.

I long to meet new and interesting ppl. I want to travel say hello, cook them some great food, share music, jokes, and stories of their life and what their future dreams are, stories of their travel. I want to see how they live, and then make them a keepsake before we depart on our separate journeys.

I don't want the memories that I could be having, to pass me by.

4 comments:

Jack said...

What an awesome journey. I know the feeling, but on my end it is more just general impatience with getting this whole process done with so that THEN I could 'get out on the road' and be free. I'm definitely stuck in an awful in-between, 'pre' place. Need to get from 'pre' to 'post' fast!

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/

Living the good life....together!! said...

Jack,

Thank you! I know what it feels like when you seem to stand still. When it seems that all you do, you still feel like your not moving forward. Yes, and I am still in that place of perspective negative motion.

Lori

Sixforsure.org said...

I know what that itch to travel and roam feels like for sure.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your lonely feeling, I have it often, even though there's lots of people in my life, including a wife, 4 kids and grandchildren. I don't think I'll ever figure out the real cause of it, and in fact, I don't think I've always been good about recognizing it for what it is.