Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Introduction

Hi my name is Lori and my boyfriends name is John. We live in a small town in Arkansas. You may think we are crazy for deciding to move into a van.. We have always wanted to travel to leave the rent paying, bill piling life behind. This is something that both of us have wanted to do for a very long time.

I can remember while I was growing up, we had a van...we went camping in the van allot. I have always wanted to go back to those good days in the van. So many memories. I am tired of being sucked into society. I sometimes feel like I am drowning..I long for the road again.

For a short time I lived on the road in a car. So I am not new to living on the road but I think that living in the van will be like paradise compared to car living.

Right now we are in the process of finding the perfect vehicle. We have been considering a minivan. While we know that a minivan doesn't offer as much room as a full size van but it does gets great gas mileage and the insurance is very low. We are looking to save as much money as we can.

When we find the right van, be sure, that we will post the pics here. And we will be broadcasting live vid feed from the van (Justin TV, and youtube) as well so that those who are curious or are wanting to live in a van and wondering what it will be like can at least see what we go through. We will also be showing pics of before and during construction on the van. So if you are curious, how to build up your van, maybe our blog will help.

A little about us..I, Lori, am 26 and John is 25. We love piercings, tats, and hippies...(odd combo I know) We love to live simply. Let me just tell you how simple...in our living room we have a small TV sitting on the floor with a very small DVD player sitting on top of the TV...and an old couch. In the bedroom, a bed and clothes. We don't need all the fancies to live happily...Just the essentials. John is a musicians and I am an published artist and writer (songs and poetry). I make hemp jewlery and sarongs, too.

We are so excited about this life changing experience. If you are interested in reading up, here are some great websites that I found while doing research on van living....http://carliving.info/ freedomvan (blogger here, very awesome blog), http://vandweller.org/, Elmo's Van Living is another neat blog...Q&A type...very interesting to hear what other ppl think about van dwelling and lots of great advise on all assorted van topics.

1 comment:

stranger in a strange van said...

hey! great to see a couple starting the van life together! that is quite rare, usually just a lone weirdo. i'm very excited to see you journey progress. best of luck!