Monday, December 8, 2008

Hospitalized...

I just wanted everyone to know why I have been gone for so long. I just got released by the hospital today. I had a sore throat when i went to bed. I woke up at exactly 420am the next morn...In sever pain. My neck was swollen on the outside severly from my ear my cheek (even my cheek bone was sore to the touch) and all the way down my neck. The inside of my throat was so swollen you wouldnt have been able to put a pencil though it. I could barely breath, couldnt even drink water. I tryed some homeopathy (usnea that I had) helped a little but not enough...I was dizzy sweating and freezinf with a high fever. I didnt go to the hospital I thought I could weather it out...The next day I called my sister and asked her if she could bring me something to help..needless to say I couldnt take so Blue was talking for me while I wrote everything down. When she got there she said tht I needed to go to the hospital emediately (but at that point i didnt understand what she was saying I was sooo sick) so I didnt take the advise...I slept for 2 days...then finally I went to the hospital because it wasnt getting any better at all..infact it was getting alot worse. I went to our local hospital here they got me straight into the ER, something that had never happened before...never gone straight in..normally takes a couple of hours...but guess I was that bad. They sent in several ppl one after another boom boom boom, finally the actually doc arrives in the room and says I needed a CT scan cuz he was afraid that I could be getting an abcess in my throat. Didnt know you could have an abcess in your throat, thought that was just a tooth thing...but well right after the CT scan they shipped me to Springfield hospital to a St. Johns. There I stayed for a while. Where I got alot more needle poked and many bruises but the staff was extremely great! Actually the most bruising I got was from the hospital here. I have so many needle bruises all over...from my hip to all over my arms...they were gonna stab my throat...glad they didnt have to do that...Well i dont have long here and i need to take some more pain meds...The meds that they subscribed me I couldnt afford...cost over 200 dollars but the hospital has this service to help some ppl who cant afford meds...ofcourse they are very picky on who they help...and well my throat was a severe thing...they emmediatly got a fax down there to pay for all the meds. I have to take 16 peniciallian pills everyday no joke. and ofcorse all the pain pills i will need. even have a refill. I dont have much time like i said here so i am not gonna correct my misspellings so plaease excuse that. Well I got released today around 2pm or so. I still have to go back for surgery on my throat but I have to wait till jan. Unless its gets worse..which i hope it wont. I couldnt breathe, drink water, eat...nothing..I was puking becuase of all the acid in my stomach and not having anything in my stomach for almost 3 days. and it took all day with pain meds and many anti biotics to get my throat to open up enought to allow some water through and when i was finally able to eat some jello it was realy great. Oh and I couldnt talk ofcourse. Now I can talk, eat semi soft food, and drink. Still hurts but not nearly as bad as before. Well gotta go if you have any questoins please feel free to ask em...lots of love!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh!!!!!!!! Wow! That sounds scary. I am glad you are on the mend. I woke up that way one morning in the last month or so, but it got better. Very scary that you kept getting worse. Eeeeeek! Take it easy. Prayers coming your way....

Living the good life....together!! said...

Im afraid Im not much on the mend. When I woke up I was swollen again though not as bad. But I can barely type right now. My brain feels really funny. Typing feels really funny. I feel like one of thoseeee spina-bifita patients atm. I am in a severe amount of pain but I dont want to take very much of the pain meds they gave me because last night they made me haalucinate severely. I was really scared last night. It started slowly with a voice then turned into a smal conversation, then into a fully blown out 4 person conversaion and I could see them and one of them touched me and freaked me out badly. My eyes were closed so I opened them. I new it was the medications that had to be doing tht. I felt like I was inbetween a skitzo and crazy person..ha

FALIA REVIEWS: said...

Oh my! I hope you feel better soon! This has just been a hospital week. My boyfriend went to the ER yesterday and we spent last night in the hospital. I hate being in hospitals, I'm sorry to hear that you are so sick :(

kristen said...

oh girl, i hope you feel better, i will send all my good wishes your way, hospitals scare the shit out of me and i don't want you to have to be there or back any more than you need to be.

lovin' you
kristen

Living the good life....together!! said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers and wishes! I am still not seeing anything get any better...I will let you know when it does..

Sending you all Lots of Love
Ali